(long-term mandate of the agency)
Vleva intends to be the intelligence platform of and for the organised Flemish social fabric, which facilitates and helps to orientate access to the European policy arena.
- Intelligence platform: the agency functions as a meeting point of knowledge and contacts which is capable of bringing together information from and for relevant public and private actors at an early stage, and which puts them at the disposal of the members of the agency on a customised basis. This intelligence is relevant to the whole range of EU initiatives, from EU policy dossiers through EU legislation to EU programmes.
- By and for the organised Flemish social fabric: the agency exists first and foremost in order to serve those organisations in Flanders which will (potentially) have strong interaction with European politics. The agency's initiatives support the interests of Flanders regarding the European Union (in both directions) and operate at a higher level than the interests of any individual actor. The agency thereby fulfils the function of a forum and theatre for debate.
- Access to the European policy arena: the knowledge to open and keep open doors with all bodies related to the European Union, being the EU institutions themselves and the public and private organisations both here and abroad which undertake work in the EU sphere.
- Facilitates and helps orientation: supports actors within the field of operations of the agency in their initiative towards the EU and/or takes its own initiative in order to make a real contribution and thus weigh upon European policy options on the one hand and European decision-making on the other. In this, vleva strives to deliver an added value, in comparison with the actions and initiatives that the member organisations themselves have already set up. The orientation also encompasses input in the formation of concepts on European topics.
(what do we as an organisation wish to achieve in the long term?)
To build on the sustainable interaction between Flanders and Europe via a proactive approach and in cooperation with our partners.
- the agency is capable of creating opportunities by taking up dossiers swiftly and smartly
- the agency is capable of prioritising in order to effectively attain the desired results
- the agency is flexible and is capable of linking various dossiers within the relevant field of operations
- the agency functions to serve its public and private members and works in a professional and consultative manner with these members
- the agency establishes bonds between all the actors involved at both a Flemish and a European level
- the agency acts as a partner to its members, to the European Union and related bodies and to other Flemish organisations which direct themselves at the European policy level
- the agency strives for ongoing cooperation with the European actors through its professional manner of working (quality, depth, transparency, etc.)
- the agency prepares its dossiers in such a way that there is a two-way traffic in the flow of information between the Flemish and European level