UPDATE: Presentations, report and the list of participants are in attachment at the bottom of this page.
Through this link; you can have a look at the photos: http://www.powershoots.be/VLEVA%202012.htm
In the 2012 edition of Open Days, the Liaison agency Flanders-Europe leads the Open Days consortium "contributing to rural-urban bonds in peri-urban regions".
The regional partnership consists of Communauté urbaine de Dunkerque (FR), Elche (ES), Flanders (BE), Regional Authority FrankfurtRheinMain (DE), Nord-Pas de Calais (FR), Randstad Region (NL), South Moravian Region (CZ), Stavanger Region (NO), Stuttgart Region (DE) and Surrey County (UK).
In view of current developments in cohesion policy and rural development policy, the multi-annual financial framework and European initiatives such as RURBAN, this timely conference will contribute to the debate on rural-urban bonds – particularly in peri-urban regions where there is growing pressure on space and resources.
1. The limited integration of the city with its surrounding areas and the countryside where the physical barriers are not so visible (peri-urban)
2. Managing competition for resources by urban and rural functions.
3. Setting effective policies
4. Engaging all governance levels
5. Identifying and transferring best practices.
10.45 registration & welcome coffee
11.15 Welcoming & introduction by the Chair - Hilary Lowson (Secretary-General of PURPLE)
11.20 Rural Urban bonds in future regional policy, Wladyslaw Piskorz (Head of Unit C2 Urban Development, Territorial Cohesion – DG REGIO)
11.30 Regional policy enhancing rural-urban bonds
- Gérard Blanc, Director of the Agency for urban planning and development of the Flanders - Dunkirk region (AGUR) Communauté urbaine de Dunkerque, Nord-Pas de Calais.
- Thomas Kiwitt, Managing Technical Director, Head of Planning Department Verband Region Stuttgart
- Hans Leinfelder, Head of Spatial Planning Division. Flemish Department of Spatial Planning
12.00 Feedback to the interventions of the regions, Wladyslaw Piskorz (Head of Unit C2 Urban Development, Territorial Cohesion – DG REGIO)
12.10 Debate with the regional experts and audience
13.00 sandwich lunch
Registration on the Open Days website - workshop 10B09
This event is organised with the support of peri-urban regions platform Europe
! In the afternoon this conference will be followed by the local event of Flanders with project presentations and a panel debate: more info on the programme and registration for the local event http://en.vleva.eu/LocalEvent_RuralUrbanBonds2012
The day ends with a networking reception; kindly offered by the Consortium and PURPLE. Registration required on http://en.vleva.eu/registration-reception-open-days