UPDATE 11-10-2012: In attachment at the bottom of the page you can download the list of participants and presentations.
Flemish Farmers organisation (Boerenbond), Department Agriculture and Fisheries, Liaison agency Flander-Europe (vleva), Flemish Land Agency (VLM), Association of Flemish Provinces (VVP) in cooperation with the provinces of Antwerp, East-Flanders and West-Flanders, Association of Flemish cities and municipalities (VVSG) kindly invite you to the workshop "Implementing rural-urban partnerships – project presentation of Flemish best practices and panel debate”.
This event will take place on Wednesday 10 October 2012 from 14h untill 16.30h at the Liaison agency Flanders-Europe (Kortenberglaan 71, 1000 Brussels) and will be followed by a networking reception, kindly offered by the Open Days consortium 'Contributing to rural-urban bonds in peri-urban areas' and PURPLE. During this reception the winners of the peri-urban photography competition will be announced and there will also be an opportunity to view 30 of the best entries in a special exhibition.
Moderator: Kevin Thomas, Leeds Metropolitan University
14.00 u: Registration
14.30 u: Welcome en introduction, Jan Buysse (vleva)
14.35 u: Project presentations
- PURE HUBS, Wim Ceulemans (Boerenbond - Flemish Farmers' association)
- SURF, Santina Driesen (Province of Oost-Vlaanderen)
- Projects in the Flemish border around Brussels, Luc Vander Elst (VLM - Flemish Land Agency)
- Rural-urban partnerships: common sense, magic or illusion?, Joris Voets (Westhoek consultation- University of Ghent)
- The ambition of a territory: Joachim Declerck (Architecture Workroom)
15.15u Q & A
15.30u: Paneldiscucssion with European experts and debate
- Elisabeth Schroedter, MEP and rapporteur for the Regulation on Rural Development in the REGI-Committee
- Jonas Scholze, Deutscher Verband für Wohnungswesen, Städtebau und Raumordnung e.V. - involved in the RURBAN preparatory study
- Alessandro Proia, Policy Officer CEMR (Council of European Municipalities and Regions)
- Paul Van Der Sluys, PURPLE - head of unit rural development (VLM - Flemish Land Agency)
16.45 u. Reception
This event is free of charge, though registration is required before Friday 5 October 2012 by filling in the registration form below.
Open Days 2012 - morning programme
The consortium Contributing to rural-urban bonds in peri-urban regions consists of 10 regions and is lead by the Liaison agency Flanders-Europe. In view of current developments in cohesion policy and rural development policy, the multi-annual financial framework and European initiatives such as RURBAN, the consortium organises a conference that will contribute to the debate on rural-urban bonds – particularly in peri-urban regions where there is growing pressure on space and resources.
You can find the programme on http://en.vleva.eu/RuralUrbanBonds2012 and you can register through http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/conferences/od2012/reg_frame.cfm - choose conference code 10B09. Places are limited; immediate registration is advised.